Soundclub was a skillshare project run at the 1in12 Club in Bradford.
Sessions occured approximately monthly between September 2012 and June 2013 and ran from 10.30 – 15.30, with breaks for whatever refreshments were available from the 1in12 cafe.
As well as sharing knowledge and getting a perspective on how sound equipment (and its ownership and operation) fits into our world, we aspired to:
- Improve the equipment at the 1in12 club in a collaborative, empowering, DIY way.
- Provide a point of access to club members, who are the owners of the club’s sound equipment, but often feel excluded from its use.
- Animate the space within the 1in12 during Saturday daytimes with some self-directed learning and enquiry.
- Establish and maintain the capacity for people of limited means (particularly the young and unemployed) to make physical contact with professional sound equipment in a real-world setting (whilst recognising that people with serious musical enthusiasms often end up in circumstances of limited means, whatever their origins).
- Create a welcoming environment.
- Eat cake and drink coffee.
Enquiries to: info at soundclub.org